One of the largest private stables of the Ancien Régime in France. The estate has been in the same family for six centuries. The stables were built between 1648 and 1652 by Henriette de La Guiche, god daughter of Henri IV, for the princely guard of her husband, Louis Emmanuel de Valois, grandson of King Charles IX, Colonel General of the Light Cavalry. François Blondel, architect to Louis XIV, claims to be the author.
The richly decorated facades of this equestrian palace, punctuated by two monumental staircases, were preserved during the Revolution. The architecture and interior layout, inspired by an ingenious project by Leonardo da Vinci, make it the most Italian of French stables.