Official website of the Grand Charolais (South Burgundy)

  • © J.P. Gobillot © J.P. Gobillot
Back

Musée du Prieuré

Musée • Charolles

  • Aventures Mômes
  • Musée de France
  • Sites clunisiens

Description

The museum is located in a former Cluniac priory, founded in the 12th century and refurbished in the 15th century. The ceremonial hall, a listed historic monument, was restored in 2003. The museum now houses a complete museum where Charolles earthenware (1844 to the present day) rubs shoulders with the landscapes of J. Laronze (1852-1937) and P. L. Nigaud (1895-1937). The old 19th century chapel houses the works of R. Davoine, a Charolais sculptor (1888-1962).