Official website of the Grand Charolais (South Burgundy)

  • © G. Ballot, Paray-le-Monial Tourisme © G. Ballot, Paray-le-Monial Tourisme
  • © G. Ballot, Paray-le-Monial Tourisme © G. Ballot, Paray-le-Monial Tourisme
  • © G. Ballot, Paray-le-Monial Tourisme © G. Ballot, Paray-le-Monial Tourisme
  • © G. Ballot, Paray-le-Monial Tourisme © G. Ballot, Paray-le-Monial Tourisme
  • © G. Ballot, Paray-le-Monial Tourisme
  • © G. Ballot, Paray-le-Monial Tourisme
  • © G. Ballot, Paray-le-Monial Tourisme
  • © G. Ballot, Paray-le-Monial Tourisme
  • Accueil
  • Cloître de la Basilique - Ancien prieuré Notre-Dame
Back

Cloître de la Basilique - Ancien prieuré Notre-Dame

Patrimoine religieux • Paray-le-Monial

  • Sites clunisiens

Description

The Cluniac priory was built in the first half of the 18th century (1702-1747) and housed the monks until the Revolution. The western facade reveals a classical layout typical of this period.
It houses the woodwork room, entirely covered with carved oak panelling. This former monks' refectory is now a place dedicated to music: chamber music concerts are given there during the summer and keyboard instruments are presented.